Friday, May 31, 2024

Nothing lasts forever

When I was small, I remember there was a restaurant called Burger Chef and Jeff. My Dad bought kids meals for my brother and me. They came on a cardboard tray that had holes cut out to hold the burger, fries, beverage, and toy. When it closed, it was replaced by A&W. I really only recall how much I love the floats. During this time period, Mom took us to a local sandwich shop on the town square. It was on the second floor. I'm uncertain what occupies that location now, but I can show you the exact building. My Dad preferred to take us to the local bowling alley. There was a cafe inside. We had breakfast there often. I always ordered biscuits and gravy. Sadly, that building no longer exists. I remember breakfast at McDonald's after church on Sunday. There used to be a buffet. Later, as life grew more busy, my Dad would pick up literal bags of chicken Littles from KFC after church, every Sunday. I could keep going, but there is a point to this stroll down memory lane. The point is nothing lasts forever. When a change of routine is forced, you can be disorientated, disgruntled, upset, or even angry. But, it's far more productive to adapt. Moving on doesn't mean forgetting the past. It means you have the strength to weather and ride the wave of change.


No comments:

Post a Comment