Friday, February 17, 2023

My Grandmother taught me to

This is something we used to laugh about when it was a thing to ask about your family life in school. My cousins used to shudder. The struggle was real. The question was, "what did your Grandmother teach you? or what did you learn from your Grandmother?" Typical responses were things like knitting, crochet, sewing, cross stitch, baking cookies or biscuits. I know my cousins came up with something that wouldn't get a parent or guardian called to the school. However, their candid responses were, "how to play blackjack, poker, and keno". We travel with our Grandmother (Mama, My Dad's Mom). We learned etiquette and how to behave at high social functions. We learned appropriate behavior at horse and car races. We had a somewhat different upbringing from typical children. 

These days I tell people my Grandmother taught me the difference between living and existing.











































































No comments:

Post a Comment