Friday, November 1, 2013

Failure isn't a permanent state of being

I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan

When you succeed at your given talent, many people will look up to you.  Many people will depend on you.  However, regardless of how hard you try or what you do, you will at some point fail.  Failing to meet expectations isn't a tragedy.  Failure isn't a permanent state of being.  It only becomes so if you allow it.  The decision is yours and yours alone.  You can become apathetic and choose a life of failure or instead become motivated to become something more.  People won't lose trust in you for failing and having the will to try again.  People will lose faith in you for failing and not caring you failed.  Those who reject apathy but accept failure and try again become successful.  You have a lifetime.  You could chose to do nothing and escape failure but live a sub par life of mediocrity or live life, take risks, and be successful in your own eyes.  Ultimately the choice is yours.         

No comments:

Post a Comment