Friday, November 29, 2013

Our world revolves around time and convenience.

My brother filters all our drinking water.  It takes forever.  There's nothing wrong with our water.  My daughter's senior science fair project a few years ago actually show it's far more pure than the surrounding areas.  My brother is convinced it makes a difference.  I don't like to argue.  Besides, one day we'll be under boil order and that won't be necessary.

We all like home made things, baked goods, fresh brewed latte, and fresh brewed tea.  I take the time to do these things.  Of course it's certainly simpler to use the Kuereg to brew tea.  Easier isn't always better.  It's still good to drink.  It's fast.  However if we have time fresh brewed tea is always welcome.

We like to mock my bother in law Mike.  They're friendly jibes.  He knows we love him.  He also makes the best coffee.  As well he should since he's particular about coffee beans and uses a coffee press and filtered water.  Our family exists on coffee.  Waiting is killer but worth it.

Our world revolves around time and convenience.  Patience isn't a strong suit for those who need things done an hour ago, yesterday, or last week.  Isn't it better to guarantee quality, to get exceptional by giving time than to settle for good.  The question is rhetorical.  The coffee I drink on a daily basis is extremely good.  I would even say some of it is delicious.  However, I know of few high class restaurants that can brew a finer cup of coffee than my brother in law Mike.  He's patient enough to rise and brew that every morning.

What's more important, time or excellence?  Can you find a balance you're willing to live with between convenience and quality?

No comments:

Post a Comment