Friday, March 3, 2023

The Lettermen

Five letter girls said, "we love you" Baby, Dell, Vangie, Boots, and Rocel too. And the three Lettermen who we love and adore, they always give us back our love and more!

This is a song my Auntie and cousins made up and sang while they got ready for Lettermen concerts. I remember they recorded and sent it before a concert in Evansville. I may have saved a copy of this recording. I enjoyed being the little tag-a-long. 

I was just a child. However, I loved hotel amenities. This is likely where my children get this characteristic. I also, loved music and concerts. I have an old lockbox someplace. One of my most prized possessions is a card that appears to be handmade. I was having brunch with my Auntie before a concert. One of the band members, Tony hand delivered my birthday card really early. It was my birthmonth but my birthday was at the end of it. 

What made it memorable was that I didn't even think they noticed I was there. For a member of their band to hand deliver a birthday card to a small child is something I can't put into words. It goes beyond being kind. For me, it embodies what it means to truly be seen as someone special. That's why I keep the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment