Friday, June 16, 2023

I knew - That made all the difference in the world

I must have been around 10 years old the first time I wore real adult makeup without anybody's help, out of the house. My mom asked me about it, not because she noticed. She saw it in my purse or rather, my brother ratted me out. 

It wasn't really much. I had on very light foundation, a little bit of powder and a little bit of lip gloss. I'm fairly certain that was all. That wasn't the point. The point was, it made me feel significant. I rarely felt noteworthy.

That day was special. I don't even really remember why. I just know that for some reason, I had to be dressed up. Wearing just that little bit of makeup made me feel put together. Even though you really couldn't tell I was wearing any. I knew I was wearing it. That was the important thing. 

I think the point of anything we do isn't that anyone knows that we're doing it, wearing it or have it. It's that we know. That's all it takes to make a real difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment