Sunday, September 29, 2013

A better place to live

I've had the flu for longer than normal.  I'll be the first to admit, I don't take very good care of myself.  My daughters are all quite busy but take the time to call me to check on me.  I suppose I must concern them.  Yesterday my youngest dropped by after class.  Today my oldest was called off work.  She dropped by and spent time with me.  I spoke with my other daughter (who has to work) both yesterday and today on the phone.  I had lunch with my niece the last few days.  They're all too kind and look out for me.  They also do their best to keep my spirits high.  I've always been grateful to my family and friends.  I suppose the best way to summarize all my family and friends do for me is "The only true test of values, either of men or of things, is that of their ability to make the world a better place in which to live." - Henry Ford, Ford News  I wouldn't be where I am today without the caring and support of my family and friends.  They create the most favorable existence for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment