Sunday, September 22, 2013

Times have changed

It's not unusual for people to photograph their meals.  In all likelihood, the photograph is for Instagram, Foursquare, or even Facebook.  Years ago, I used to photograph my meal for some very different reasons.  My family is in the habit of ordering something large and sharing or many of us would end up ordering the same entree`.  If we decided to visit again or after some time had passed then I had a dated photograph and notes to answer the "what did we order the last time" question.  Also, there are a plethora of unusual food related allergies in my family in varying degrees with a diversity of results.  Therefore, having exact records of what we ate and when is always useful.  Back then, "So you enjoy photography" was a common question.  Today, it's assumed I'm taking a photograph for Instagram.  Times have changed.  What was once viewed as foreign behavior has now become the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment