Friday, September 27, 2013

Profile Blocked


You request me as a friend.

I check your profile. Well... Alright... Honestly, I may know you. I may not. I leave you in my requests for later. After all, you gave me no details. Most people who have the slightest notion I may not remember do.

Last week you changed your profile photograph. This is not unusual. It looks nothing like the previous photo. Perhaps it is a relative. Same name. Same profile. It is not a private one. I looked. It still doesn't ring a bell.

Yesterday you changed your name. People do that. Weird. It isn't your name at all...

Today when I looked in requests...  Different photograph. Different name. Different profile... Alright I definitely don't know you. Profile blocked.


On every social network that allows it, I have a public page and a personal profile.  I don't add people I don't know to my personal profile.  I can tell you how I know everyone on my personal profile.  I wrote this several years ago on Facebook.  I still don't add random people to my Facebook.  I still know everyone on my profile.  That's my real name and my real photograph.  My family is on Facebook.  My friends are on Facebook.  My former classmates are on Facebook.  My coworkers, colleagues, and peers are on Facebook.  Very rarely do I receive a strange request but when I do, it's a particularly suspicious one.  It's never concerned me.  After all, that's why there's a block function.  I never understood the people who fail to utilize it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment