Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The importance of a backup tree

(Arleenah's Phone) Buzz...
(Arleenah) Sleeping...
(Arleenah's Phone) Buzz...
(Arleenah) Sleeping...
(Two Hours Later - Arleenah's Voicemail) Arleenah! Let Me into Lovelace I Forgot My Keys!
(Arleenah) O.O
(Arleenah - calls back...) I'm so sorry. I was asleep and I'm not even home...
(Arleenah's Friend [laughing as he cuts her off]) Oh it's okay. I found my keys in my pocket.


All my daughters were home for break.  Apparently this young man has many acquaintances.  His "friends" invite him to parties, to go out in general, out to eat, to play video games, pretty much anything social.  However, when it comes down to something important like his studies, work, needing to talk, or an emergency, he has one friend on campus -- my daughter.  This brings up a rather obvious subject, the need for a back up plan.   Since my daughter went home, had he not found his key, his options would've been limited.  It was during break.  There were fewer students and staff.  He would've been waiting a long time.  I'm certain his response would've been his key card is his primary means of entry.  My daughter is his back up plan.  To which my response would've been that he needs a backup to his backup or a backup tree.  Therefore if one branch fails he can move to the next branch until he meets with success.  As a side note, I've seen the "how to get into each apartment / home" in case of emergency tree each of my daughters has in her planner.  It's not unreasonable.  My youngest has access to not only her apartment if she loses her own key but also her older sister's apartment, her oldest sister's home, my aunt's home and my home as do her sisters and my niece.  It's not only important to have a backup plan but a backup to your backup as well.  It ensures success should something unpredictable occur in life, education, and business.     

No comments:

Post a Comment