Friday, September 13, 2013

It is not enough to have a good mind, the main thing is to use it well

It is not enough to have a good mind -- the main thing is to use it well.
-Anonymous

I love this quote.  It reminds me of my Dad.  When my Dad used to get angry with us over something foolish we'd done he'd always say, "use your brain".  I believe we frustrated him so much because he knew every single one of us was intelligent enough to know better.  Therefore, when one of us crossed over into what I refer to as "unwise territory" that one not only worried Dad but also irritated him.  As he put it, we're all well educated and intelligent, there is no reason for this to happen.  I love my Dad.  He had a good point.  There are many brilliant, knowledgeable, well informed people in this world.  What use is it to have a good mind, if it's not properly utilized?  What good is this knowledge or information if it's not put to use or shared?  Will their brilliance continue to shine or will it fade from lack of use?  Use your brain but use it well or your mind will be no good to anyone.

::For My Dad - Love Ana   

No comments:

Post a Comment