Thursday, August 8, 2013

Candy Crush Saga


Often I receive e-Mail or even text messages regarding the life or death situation of Candy Crush Saga.  Personally, I don't understand.  I don't actually play the game.  I installed it to be helpful to my daughters.  My youngest daughter explained how this game works some time ago, when I first installed it.  If I recall correctly, I'm sending much needed tickets that unlock levels.  Without these tickets, players can't proceed and become stuck at whatever point in the game they have advanced.  Players can always move backwards but require assistance to proceed forward in the game.  They may ask me for this ticket once every twenty four hours.

My children play on a recreational basis.  However, I've received some extremely desperate requests from friends.  One friend actually posted that she had to quit playing permanently for the good of her household.  She posted a lengthy status on Facebook.  However, I've heard this exact and remarkably similar stories from other friends.  I've always believed they were being a little melodramatic.  Perhaps I was wrong. 

What makes a game this addictive?  There are many games that are quick and entertaining.  I could be wrong but I see little advantage to interfering with this particular game.  On the surface, it appears useless to hack or steal an account because there's nothing to gain.  However, this isn't true of all games, platform or otherwise.  When has a game transcended the point of being useful for relaxation, releasing stress, and recreation and become something that is damaging or even dangerous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment