Sunday, August 25, 2013

I Had a Wonderful Time

I spent a day visiting a new micro-brewery.  It's a good way to support local businesses.  They purchase all they use from local producers.  Afterward, we went shopping.  My daughter bought ice cream.  We ate in the park.  We visited the cemetery.  I wish I would've brought flowers.  We ended the day playing video games.  It was a good day.

Did I mention that I've never liked beer.  I simply don't enjoy the taste of hops.  I also dislike shopping.  The stores are always too crowded.  People tend to be so preoccupied with their own needs that shopping makes many of them very rude.  Many people also have issues controlling their children these days.

I've seen pets, not assistance animals, but just pets places I'm relatively certain you're not allowed to have pets.  It's a little dog not a child.  It doesn't belong at the mall, shopping center, boutique, or the grocery store.  It's not simply a matter of being annoying or a nuisance.  Some of us are allergic.  It's inconsiderate.

I dislike beer and the perils of shopping.  Yet, I still enjoyed my day.  Ordinarily, one would suppose this would be a terrible itinerary.  However, it's not what you're doing, it's with whom you're spending you're time that makes it both enjoyable and memorable.  I very much enjoyed spending time with my daughter and her fiance`.  I had a wonderful day with my family.  That above all is what made my day a good day.  Often it's easy to forget that it's the people in our lives that make the daily and significant events in life special.     

No comments:

Post a Comment