Tuesday, August 6, 2013

An Interesting Difference between People and Animals



I'm visiting my children before the first semester of the school year begins again.  My daughter has a pet rabbit.  He loves attention.  He's very intelligent.  So far, he follows me, breaks into my room whether we have the gate up or not and whether the door is open or closed.  He's a sweet little rabbit.  It took a week to teach him boundaries.  Essentially, we placed gates in front of closed doors.  In that way, he couldn't go over nor under to enter the room.  He receives plenty of attention.  He just needed to learn what is and what isn't acceptable or appropriate behavior.  Obviously pets don't speak so we find alternate methods of telling them what we want in this case it was just when was my time and when was our time.  Animals might fuss for a little while but are remarkably good at taking cues.

People posses the power of communication.  I find it unusual that you can tell someone "I need space" for example and it has the direct opposite effect.  People are contradictory.  They might agree to conditions that are for the best but take actions that are in direct opposition with what they say.  Animals understand and are happy for your companionship.  People are more complex in their relationships.  It's these complexities that often lead to their unusual behavior.  

No comments:

Post a Comment