Friday, August 23, 2013

A Different Perspective


When we're in a rush, my daughters and I order take out and eat on the way or in the closest park.  This is a park we've eaten lunch in for years.  It's usually crowded.  It has walking trails, a dog park, Frisbee golf, and all the other usual park amenities.  We spend a lot of time talking, looking up directions, reading, with visiting pets in the dog park, eating,... Until recently, I never really took photographs of the park itself.  For that matter, I never really looked at the park.  I looked at trees and plants.  I looked at the architecture and structure of things in the park like the bridge and buildings.  I looked at the dog park and the trails.  It's a park.

Recently I decided to take photographs.  I stepped back.  I looked at things from a different perspective.  I saw an entirely different park than the one I'd been coming to for the last few years.  Sometimes I believe we need to do this with other aspects of our lives or just life in general.  We grow so accustomed to seeing things the way we do on an everyday basis that we miss how incredible it really is from a different perspective.  I think that's why things get taken for granted.  It's because we get accustomed to it's presence.  When you always see something, somehow it isn't nearly as wonderful as just seeing it.  The next time you grow restless or believe you lack something in life, adjust your perspective.  You'll find seeing things differently makes you appreciate them more.  You'll also notice your life is far richer than you believed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment